Tag Archives: The Corner Ballpark

Talking Old Tiger Stadium, The Corner Ballpark, and the Future Hamtramck

At the corner of Michigan and Trumbull avenues in Detroit (MI), a ballpark was built there in 1895 and was the site of professional baseball for more than 100 years.  The Detroit Tigers made it their home in 1912, and it stayed that way until Sept. 27, 1999, when the last game was played at Tiger Stadium.  Barely five miles away in the near north suburb of Hamtramck, the former home of the Negro League Detroit Stars has sat neglected and forgotten for at least two decades.  Read more and view photos here.

Leave a comment

Filed under Amenities & Features, Awards & Recognition, Community & Giving, Human Interest, Stadium Issues