PRESS RELEASE – The Amsterdam Mohawks are pleased to announce that they will be hosting the 2017 Perfect Game Collegiate League All-Star Game on Tuesday July 18. The entire day will be dedicated to PGCBL All-Star events and is being tabbed as ‘The First Annual PGCBL Baseball Fest’.
The traditional All-Star Game will take place at 7:10 while a ‘Prospect Game’ featuring top professional prospects in the league will take place earlier in the day at 12:30.
In between the two games, tons of activities will take place including batting practice, a first ever ‘skills competition’, and a Home Run Derby. Local Little League players will also have a chance in taking part in their own skills competition during the day.
PGCBL Baseball Fest 2017 Schedule of Events:
11:30 – 12:15 Infield/Outfield Practice for PGCBL Prospect Game
12:15 -12:30 Intros PGCBL Prospect Game
12:30 – 3:00 PGCBL Prospect Game sponsored by (sponsor needed)
3:00 – 4:20 Batting Practice for 20 minutes for both Prospect teams and both All-Star teams
4:20 – 5:00 60 yard dash times for all PGCBL players in left field; Skill Competition for local Little Leagues sponsored by (sponsor needed)
5:00 – 5:35 PGCBL Skills Competition sponsored by (sponsor needed)
5:35 – 6:25 PGCBL Home Run Derby sponsored by River Ridge Living Center
6:25 – 7:00 Infield/Outfield Practice for PGCBL All-Star Game
7:00 – 7:10 Intros PGCBL All-Star Game
7:10 PGCBL All-Star Game sponsored by (sponsor needed)
Skills Competition Info:
1. Catcher Accuracy – through at a target located at 2nd base (with hole in it) – hit target receives 2 points, throw into hole 5 pts. 3 throws each
2. Infield Radar Gun – 3 throws each from shortstop
3. Double Play Quickness – 3 groundballs each measuring time to turn a double play
4. Pitching Accuracy – 8 paper plates to be pinned onto a wood frame. Each pitcher to get 8 throws to knock over as many as they can.
5. Outfield Distance Toss – Throw from center field to home plate distance 2 throws each
6. Speed Running – Run home to home time
The 2017 All-Star Game is a league event and Mohawk’s season tickets are not valid for the game. Further information will be coming to season ticket holders on how to secure their own seats for the event.
In addition, sponsors for some of the day’s events as well as for the ‘Player’s Luncheon’ and ‘Player’s Dinner’ are needed.
For further information, contact the Mohawk’s office at gm@AmsterdamMohawks.com or 518-791-7546