PRESS RELEASE – The three-time league champion Gary SouthShore RailCats have just announced their 2015 promotional schedule at U. S. Steel Yard, which opens on Thursday, May 21st at 7:10pm vs. the Quebec Capitales of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball. Single game tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday, April 10. RailCats fans can enjoy eight giveaways, two special jerseys auctions, eight TV giveaways, and eleven fireworks shows.
Starting with Opening Day on May 21, the RailCats will have eleven explosive fireworks shows, including every Fifth Third Bank Fireworks Friday game. Get in the patriotic spirit early with the First Fireworks Show in the Region on July 2nd.
The 2015 schedule will feature eight free giveaways for fans:
• May 22 & 23 – 2015 Schedule Digi-Peel courtesy of Great Lakes Orthopedics (First 3,000 fans)
• May 30 – Kids T-Shirt presented by ATI Physical Therapy (First 1,000 kids)
• June 28 – 2015 Team Photo courtesy of Hoosier Bat (First 1,000 fans)
• July 2 – Patriotic Camo Cap courtesy of Fifth Third Bank (First 1,000 fans)
• July 25 – Adult T-Shirt courtesy of Certified Electrician (First 1,000 fans)
• July 30 – $2,000 Cash Giveaway (First 1,000 fans)
• August 9 – 2015 Team Card Set (First 1,000 fans)
• August 28 – Stocking Caps courtesy of Methodist Hospitals (First 1,000 adults)
RailCats fans will also have two special game-worn jersey auctions this season:
• June 13 – 30th anniversary of “Back to the Future” Night presented by the Hobart Jaycees will feature players wearing special “Marty McFly” jerseys to be auctioned off during the game. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Hobart Jaycees foundation.
• June 27 – Autism Awareness Night presented by INFEAT will feature their annual pre-game “Move Your Feet for INFEAT” 5K and Walk and special “Puzzle Piece” player jerseys to be auctioned off to help families dealing with Autism.
The RailCats’ schedule is full of fun events for everyone in the family. Fido will surely have fun at the first Bark in the Park on May 31 and then again on August 27. Don’t miss the dazzling Jesse White Tumblers at any of their three performances on May 30, July 11, and September 5. Your favorite wrestlers are back on August 8 for Pre-Game Midget Wrestling, while Clunker Car Night returns on August 29 with your chance to win a used car every inning. Mom can win big on July 9 during the Diamond Dig courtesy of Cash Indiana Pawn Shop, while Dad gets his chance to take home a new TV on August 20 during the Remote Control Dig courtesy of Aaron’s.
Every day at U. S. Steel Yard is fun with the RailCats’ new daily specials. Visit your Northwest Indiana Meijer stores for Meijer Monday, where fans can get $5 discount tickets to every Monday home game. Two for Tuesday is a steal with 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, and 2 sodas for only $22 at the box office on the day of the game, or visit any Northwest Indiana Community HealthNet location for free tickets every Tuesday. Dollar Wednesdays are for food lovers as the RailCats will have a different concession every game for just $1. Miller Lite Thirsty Thursday returns this year with $2 domestic drafts all around the ballpark while Aaron’s gives away a brand new 40” TV every Thursday. Surprise Saturdays feature giveaways, entertainment acts, and other great surprises for the whole family, while Sunday Funday features Happy Hour concession specials from 1pm until 2pm.
Single game tickets start at $5 and parking is always free. Purchase them, starting April 10th, at the U. S. Steel Yard Box Office, by calling 219-882-2255, or by visiting railcatsbaseball.com.