PRESS RELEASE – Football season is finally in the rear-view mirror and baseball season is straight ahead! With that in mind, your BlueClaws have unveiled the first wave of their 2015 promotional schedule, with more promotions still to be announced as the season approaches.
The season kicks off on Thursday, April 9th as the BlueClaws welcome Kannapolis to FirstEnergy Park for the first of their 70 home games.
To see the list of announced promotions (pdf file), click here. (Please note this list will continue to grow and updated versions of this pdf schedule will be posted on BlueClaws.com.)
Among the giveaways slated for the summer are a BlueClaws Yard(s) Gnome (for the first 1,500 fans 21 & older thanks to Yards Brewery) on May 7th, Ken Giles “Made The Phillies” Bobblehead Dolls (for the first 1,500 fans) on July 8th, a Buster Bobble-Belly (for the first 1,500 fans) on August 9th, and a BlueClaws Crab Bank (for the first 1,500 fans thanks to the New Jersey Education Association) on August 19th.
Your BlueClaws will be celebrating their 15th season of family fun throughout the summer. Several games will have special 15th season commemorative giveaways, including Opening Day (April 9th), when the first 1,500 fans will receive a Commemorative Ticket thanks to Jenkinson’s Boardwalk. In addition, there will be a 15th Season Commemorative Golf Ball Giveaway (May 26th thanks to New Jersey Blood Services), a 15th Season Replica Card Set (June 18th thanks to OceanFirst Bank), and a 15th Season Mini Bat (July 26th thanks to Mini of Monmouth).
Some of the best entertainment acts around will be at the ballpark again this summer. The Phillie Phanatic will make two visits to Lakewood: July 9th (presented by Hershey’s) and August 10th(presented by New Jersey Natural Gas). Plus, the ZOOperstars will be back at FirstEnergy Park on August 17th.
The BlueClaws will welcome Ron Blomberg, former Yankee and the first ever designated hitter, for an appearance and autograph signing on April 26th, which is Jewish Heritage Day. The BlueClaws have had a wrestler at FirstEnergy Park each of the last several seasons, and that will continue this year, when Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat visits for an appearance and autograph signing on July 11th.
This year, the BlueClaws will hold several special Jersey Auctions.
- Boy Scout Jerseys to benefit the Jersey Shore Council of Boy Scouts (June 7th)
- Holiday Jerseys to benefit BlueClaws Charities (June 19th)
- Boll Weevils Jerseys (the Phillies played in Kannapolis, NC as the Piedmont Boll Weevils from 1995-2000 before the BlueClaws opened in 2001) to benefit BlueClaws Charities (July 11th)
- BruceClaws Jerseys (for Springsteen Appreciation Night) to benefit BlueClaws Charities (July 25th). Bruce Springsteen Appreciation Night is presented by Central Jersey Blood Center.
- “New Jersey” Jerseys (for Celebrate the Garden State Night) to benefit BlueClaws Charities on August 27th)
In addition to what is listed above, several promotional staples will return this year.
- Bark in the Park, where fans can bring their dogs, is scheduled for May 9th thanks to 95.9 WRAT and 100.1 WJRZ.
- Law Enforcement Night and Firefighter Night have merged into a Battle of the Badges on June 20th.
- Father’s Day (June 21st) will once again include the popular Post-Game Father/Child Catch on the Field.
- The BlueClaws will become the BruceClaws for the 8th Bruce Springsteen Appreciation Night, which will also include a Jersey Auction.
The BlueClaws have also made an enhancement to the We Salute You Wednesday military-appreciation program as well. At each Wednesday night BlueClaws home game, the first 500 fans will receive a BlueClaws Military Card Strip thanks to TD Bank. The six Wednesdays will include six different sets that form a collectible series.
Day-of-the-week promotions return again in in 2015. Kids Eat Free every Sunday & Monday thanks to ShopRite. Seniors Eat Free every Tuesday. Wednesdays are We Salute You Wednesdays that honor the military. Thursdays are Thirsty Thursdays, presented by FanDuel, with dollar beer and soda plus 50-cent wings in the Coors Light WRAT Trap. Fridays are again Fireworks Fridays, which a fireworks show at each Friday home game (plus May 24th, July 4th, July 5th, and September 6th).
Presently, tickets are available through a ticket package or group outing. Single-game tickets will go on sale at FanFest on Saturday, March 14th. For more information about BlueClaws 2015 ticket plans and group outings, call a representative at 732-901-7000 option 3 or visit BlueClaws.com.
Your BlueClaws are the Jersey Shore’s top stop for affordable, family entertainment. They have led the South Atlantic League and New Jersey in attendance in all 14 seasons of existence and will celebrate their 15th season of family fun this summer.