PRESS RELEASE – A television icon is set to retire, and the BlueClaws will honor the career of David Letterman at their game on Friday, May 22nd. The night is officially “David Letterman Night” at FirstEnergy Park, and will feature a full tribute to the outgoing late-night tv host.
The BlueClaws will unveil several Top Ten lists between innings (such as Top Ten Ways to Identify a BlueClaws Fan and the Top Ten Signs You Work in Minor League Baseball). Between inning breaks will include Letterman staples like “Stupid Pet Tricks.” After “Take Me Out to the Ballgame,” fans will sing the Ball State fight song, honoring Letterman’s alma mater. One high school band will be selected to take the team in and out of innings throughout the night as well.
Additional promotions and elements of David Letterman Night at FirstEnergy Park will be announced as the game date approaches.
Why Are The BlueClaws Honoring David Letterman? A Top Ten List:
10. We had no other good ideas.
9. We wanted to do more Top Ten Lists.
8. Something to talk about besides deflated footballs.
7. One of our ushers went to Ball State…Go Cardinals!
6. Stupid Pet Tricks between innings.
5. He is retiring…not that complicated folks!
4. More fun than using May 22nd game to celebrate birthday of Sir Laurence Olivier
3. If Derek Jeter was honored in 30 major league ballpark, Letterman deserves one minor league ballpark.
2. It’s Buster’s favorite show.
1. Leno was unavailable.
The Friday, May 22nd game will also include post-game fireworks.
The BlueClaws are the area’s top stop for affordable entertainment and 2015 marks their 15th season of providing family fun at the Jersey Shore. They have led the South Atlantic League and New Jersey baseball in attendance in each year since their 2001 inception.
2015 BlueClaws ticket packages and group outings are on sale by calling 732-901-7000 option 3 or online at BlueClaws.com.
# # #
Thanks to John Cerone for the heads up.