As you might recall, a new five-year lease allowing the summer collegiate Eau Claire Express (Northwoods League) to continue using Carson Park limits fans to four free beers with the purchase of a fan deck ticket. Overblown concerns by some city officials about potential excessive drinking that could come with previously allowed all-you-can-drink fan decks (even after 10 years of responsible Express existence) led to the change. To protect fan deck value for patrons, the team recently announced it will charge just $1 for additional beers beyond the four freebies, and service will be extended by two innings. Read more here. View team press release below:
New Fan Deck Policy at Carson Park for 2015 Eau Claire Express Season
As a service to our fans, we would like to clarify the fan-deck policies for the 2015 season. As many of you are now aware, the new lease between the City of Eau Claire and the Express includes a change to our all-you-care-to-drink fan deck policy. To clear up any confusion, here is a list of the policies for the 2015 season on the Fan Deck at Carson Park:
- Fans will have only four alcoholic beverages INCLUDED with their fan deck ticket. Non-alcoholic beverages are still unlimited and will not count against the four alcoholic beverages included in your ticket.
- Fans on the fan deck will be allowed to purchase additional alcoholic beverages beyond the four included with their ticket for an additional fee of $1 per alcoholic beverage.
- Fans will NO LONGER pay a $1 fee for premium alcoholic beverages on the fan deck. All brands are included in the four alcoholic beverages that come with your ticket and any brand a fan wishes to drink beyond the four included with their fan deck ticket will cost $1.
- Food and beverage service will continue through the ninth inning rather than the seventh inning as has been the policy in years past.
- The fan deck ticket price will remain at $26 per person for the 2015 season.
If you have any questions about the new fan deck policies, please feel free to contact the Express office at 715.839.7788.
The Express begin their 11th season of play in the Northwoods League on May 26th as they take on the Border Cats in Thunder Bay. Eau Claire’s home opener is scheduled for May 28 versus the Duluth Huskies. First pitch of that contest will be at 6:35 PM. Season tickets and voucher packs are on sale now and single-game tickets will go on sale May 1st.