PRESS RELEASE – Construction is underway for the major renovation at Crawdads Stadium, with the project scheduled to be completed in time for the ‘Dads 2014 home opener.
- All new “Reserve” flip down seats with cup holders, replacing the existing Grandstand, Reserve and Box seats
- New limited “VIP” seating section
- New additional Picnic Pavilion located in the current 1st base grandstand seats
- New stadium field lights
- Completely renovated Crawdads Café
- Renovated suites
- Resurfaced stadium concourse and parking lot
“We are excited about this new chapter in Hickory Crawdads Baseball,” said Crawdads GM Mark Seaman. “The stadium continues to be a great venue for Minor League Baseball, but even the best facilities need an update every couple of decades. Plus, the timing couldn’t be better with the South Atlantic League All-Star Game coming back to Hickory for the first time in 13 years.”
Be on the lookout for regular renovation updates after the 1st of the year, including in-progress photos and videos. The Crawdads open their 2014 season in Greensboro on April 3rd, with the home opener scheduled for Thursday, April 10th.
# # #
Read more here from the Winston-Salem Journal.