PRESS RELEASE – Construction is underway for the major renovation at Crawdads Stadium, with the project scheduled to be completed in time for the ‘Dads 2014 home opener.
The renovation is the first major upgrade to the stadium since its initial construction in 1993. The list of new or improved areas include:
- All new “Reserve” flip down seats with cup holders, replacing the existing Grandstand, Reserve and Box seats
- New limited “VIP” seating section
- New additional Picnic Pavilion located in the current 1st base grandstand seats
- New stadium field lights
- Completely renovated Crawdads Café
- Renovated suites
- Resurfaced stadium concourse and parking lot
“We are excited about this new chapter in Hickory Crawdads Baseball,” said Crawdads GM Mark Seaman. “The stadium continues to be a great venue for Minor League Baseball, but even the best facilities need an update every couple of decades. Plus, the timing couldn’t be better with the South Atlantic League All-Star Game coming back to Hickory for the first time in 13 years.”
Be on the lookout for regular renovation updates after the 1st of the year, including in-progress photos and videos. The Crawdads open their 2014 season in Greensboro on April 3rd, with the home opener scheduled for Thursday, April 10th.
# # #
Read more here from the Winston-Salem Journal.