PRESS RELEASE – The Edenton Steamers of the Coastal Plain League are in search of a new general manager. Please see below for details pertaining to the opening. Should you be interested in the position, please contact Chip Pruden at (252) 482-4080.
Position: General Manager
Reports To: President
Scope of Responsibility: The General Manager will oversee management of all aspects of franchise operation including, but not limited to, sponsorship sales, ticket sales, marketing, facility operations, human resources, promotions, merchandising, and concessions.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Be the corporate sponsorship sales team leader, developing strategies, pricing, package elements, creating account lists, motivating sales staff, and implementing sales policies.
• Actively solicit and service key new and existing corporate sales accounts in the community, including developing, proposing, closing, and implementing sponsorship packages.
• Direct the planning, preparation and oversight of the company budget, including providing regular financial reports and projections to Board of Directors. General Manager is accountable for budgetary adherence.
• Assist in the development of policies, procedures, and standards for the company.
• Subject to company’s budget, develop strategies for human resources, including allocation of front office staff, coordinating searches and interviews for front office staff and interns, researching and recommending compensation and benefits packages.
• Create ticket sales strategies, including season tickets, mini-plans, ticket books, group ticket packages, and picnics, and oversee implementation.
• Develop and implement company’s overall marketing plan, including strategy, negotiating with media outlets, placing all media buys and trades, and actively seeking alternative means of promoting company.
• Oversee all facility operations, as provided under lease agreement. This supervisory responsibility includes field maintenance, stadium cleanup, purchasing and maintaining equipment, and risk management.
• Advise assistant general manager and strategically assist concessions operations.
• Conduct all broadcast rights negotiations.
• Oversee all printing projects including, but not limited to, program, scorecard, marketing brochures, pocket schedules, and tickets.
• Perform regular reviews of finances to determine and recommend areas for revenue growth and cost savings, and actively seek new revenue streams for company.
• Oversee merchandise operation, including, but not limited to, hiring management personnel, maintaining inventory, ordering product, choosing products and design, and ensuring mail/phone/Internet order fulfillment.
• Oversee all promotional activity designed to attract spectators, including, but not limited to, scheduling promotional nights, ordering premium items, organizing events, and supervising in-stadium implementation of promotions.
• Oversee game atmosphere, including PA script, sound effects, in-game music and entertainment.
• Act as liaison for company with facility owner on lease-related issues, including facility maintenance.
• Oversee administrative issues related to team operations, including, but not limited to, securing necessary team lodging, team transportation, uniforms, equipment, athletic training personnel and supplies, and clubhouse facilities.
• Develop and implement plan to provide host family housing for all roster players and other team personnel.
• Take an active role in company public relations, including, but not limited to, serving as primary media spokesperson for the company, developing media strategies and press releases, speaking at civic club meetings, and maintaining active membership in local chambers of commerce.
• Provide review and consultation on all insurance policies, including general liability, property and worker’s compensation, and serve as company’s liaison with carriers.
• Ensure company’s adherence to national, state and local laws, statutes, and policies.
• Oversee administration of company’s office and facilities.
• Serve as company’s liaison with the Coastal Plain League.
• Implement executive decisions concerning operational acquisitions, service agreements, partnerships, and other contractual obligations.
• Assist in the formulation of all strategic business plans.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Coastal Plain League is the nation’s hottest summer collegiate baseball league. Celebrating its 17th season in 2013, the CPL features 14 teams playing North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. The CPL gives college players the chance to refine their skills with the use of wooden bats. Players are housed with local host families for the summer and past experiences have been very positive for both players and hosts. Furthermore, the CPL has had over 1,100 alumni drafted and 65 alums – including 2011 AL MVP and Cy Young winner Justin Verlander – make their Major League debut thus far. For more information on the Coastal Plain League, please visit the league website at www.coastalplain.com and follow us via Twitter @CPLBaseball.