PRESS RELEASE – The Medford Rogues, in association with EJ Marketing & Production of Medford, are proud to announce that Harry & David Field will be the home of “Celebra las Fiestas Patrias,” a celebration of the September 16 Mexican Independence Day. The facility will host a festival from 1 to 10 p.m. on Sunday, September 15 featuring music, dance, food and drink for the entire family. The event is free to the public.
- An evening performance by Ballet Folklorico de Tejupilco, a professional dance and music group from Mexico;
- A special presentation by Ashland’s Ballet Folklorico Ritmo Allegre, a Mexican folk dance troupe that has performed traditional dances from many states and regions of Mexico here in the Rogue Valley for more than 16 years;
- Exhibition MMA matches from Fabian’s MMA, Karate and Boxing of White City;
- Dancing horse presentations by Sergio Cabezas;
- Vocal performances by La Tribu de Mexico of Medford;
- DJ music by DJ Creations and DJ Guero;
- Children’s play areas at “bounce houses” on the field as well as the Airport Chevrolet Kid’s Playground;
- Music by Mariachi Centella;
- Food and vendor booths throughout the ballpark.
“We’re proud to partner with EJ Marketing & Production to host this event,” Medford Rogues General Manager Chuck Heeman said. “From day one we’ve been striving to use Harry & David Field for more than just baseball, and Carlos Campuzano came to us with this great idea. He’s done all the work on putting it together and getting the Latino community involved and we’re glad to be able to bring together this great event.”
Gates will open at 1 p.m. on Sept. 15 and food, beer, wine and drinks will be available throughout the festival. DJ music will be played until Ballet Folklorico’s first presentation at 8 p.m. Admission is free to the public.