PRESS RELEASE – The La Crosse Loggers baseball club has been and continues to celebrate its 10-year anniversary season in 2012 and will do so in a very big way this Saturday night when the 1,000,000th fan walks through the turnstiles at Copeland Park.
Since the Loggers inception in 2003, they have ranked second nationally in summer collegiate attendance in each of their ten years of existence, trailing only the Madison Mallards. La Crosse is once again on pace to draw over 100,000 fans for the eighth consecutive season as they are currently averaging over 2,900 fans per opening.
The Loggers broke a Northwoods League expansion team record in 2003 when they drew 86,991 fans over 32 openings (2,718/game). From 2004 through 2011, La Crosse then averaged near or above 3,000 fans/game during each of those eight seasons.
Add all of that up and The Lumberyard is ready to welcome in the 1,000,000th fan in Loggers history on Saturday night, July 28 when La Crosse plays host to the Battle Creek Bombers at 6:05 p.m. Gates open at 5 and a celebration and large prize package awaits whomever becomes lucky number 1 million.
The One Millionth Fan in Loggers History will receive …
- 1,000,000th Fan Jersey
- $100 Kwik Card
- $500 Cash
- Ceremonial First Pitch for a Select Game
- FREE 2013 Season Ticket
- Free Logger Dogs for a Season (1/game – 2013)
- Autographed Team Ball & Bat – 2012 Team
- Brett Jackson Autographed Baseball
- Dinner & Treats from Dairy Queen/Texas Roadhouse
- “Logger Experience”: Batting Practice with the Team, Present Lineup Card with Coach McKay for a Select Game, Race in a Leinenkugel’s Beer Bottle, Spend an Inning On Air with John Pappadopolous, Enjoy a Post-Game Meal with Players
The Loggers were also first-half Southern Division Champs this season and will be taking part in the 2012 Northwoods League Divisional Playoffs on August 13-15. Tickets are available online at http://www.lacrosseloggers.com or by calling the Loggers ticket office at 608-796-9553.