PRESS RELEASE – The Walla Walla Sweets have released the finalized event schedule for the upcoming final performance of The King and His Court travelling four-man softball team. As highlighted in the recent ESPN.com article by Jim Caple, The King and His Court is retiring after a 65-year run that started with a bet in a bar in Pendleton, Ore., a quick 45-minute drive from Walla Walla.
Events will feature Mike Meilicke, an original King and His Court player, past and present King and His Court players and the Sweets team that will be competing against the Court in their final performance. The event schedule is as follows:
Friday, August 26
7:30am – Mike Meilicke LIVE on 1420 KUJ-AM Walla Walla
3:30-5:00pm – Autographs with Mike Meilicke and Sweets team at the Sweets Shoppe at 109 E. Main Street, Suite C in Downtown Walla Walla
Saturday, August 27
8:30am – Team Breakfast Meet n’ Greet – The Sweets squad will be enjoy breakfast with Mike Meilicke and the surviving widows of Jerry Jones and Meade Kinzer at Clarette’s Restaurant (15 S. Touchet St.)
2:00-3:30pm – Meet the current King and His Court players, Sweets team and past players of King and His Court. Photo opportunities and autographs will be available.
6:00pm – Gates open at Borleske Stadium for the final performance of The King and His Court
7:05pm – First Pitch for the final performance of The King and His Court
The Sweets have also released the full roster of the squad that will take on the Court in their final performance:
- Jeff Cirillo – Former MLB All-Star and member of Sweets ownership group.
- J.C. Biagi – Sweets Manager and Walla Walla Community College Assistant Coach.
- Mark Michaud – Sweets and Whitman College Pitching Coach.
- Cesar Lopez – Sweets Assistant Coach and former DeSales High School standout.
- David Meliah – Sweets Assistant Coach and WWCC Head Coach.
- Zachary Fraser – Sweets General Manager.
- Jordan Paden – Sweets Stadium Operations Coordinator and former Walla Walla High School and Ohio University softball standout.
- Ashlyn Lyons -Current DeSales High School softball standout, 2011 Washington 2B honorable mention all-state and 1st team all-league as a freshman.
- Alyson Ambler – Current Walla Walla High School softball standout, 2011 Washington 4A Player of the Year and 1st team all-state as a junior.
About the King and His Court:
Now in our 65th year the King & His Court continue to thrill fans Worldwide. Dressed in the trademark red, white and blue uniforms, and still taking the field as a 4-man team; pitcher, catcher, first baseman and shortstop, the King and His Court remain America’s #1 family softball entertainment. Game routines which have become synonymous with the King and His Court feature stunt pitches, feats of athletic talent and crowd pleasing comedic routines that stir laughter from young and old.
About the Walla Walla Sweets:
Walla Walla Sweets is a professionally operated baseball club in the West Coast League. It is led by a group of civic-minded individuals with strong ties to the Walla Walla region and to the game of baseball. The Walla Walla Sweets will strive to provide their fans, sponsors, business partners, and investors with the very best in competitive baseball and entertainment, including atmosphere, comfort, food & beverage, safety, competition, fun and value. For more information, please visit www.wallawallasweets.com.
Walla Walla Sweets