PRESS RELEASE – The Joliet Slammers are gearing up for their inaugural season in the Frontier League at Silver Cross Field, and when they take the field on Thursday, May 19, fans will also experience a new, world-class ballpark dining experience. Chicago-based Levy Restaurants has been named the official restaurant partner for the new team, and is unveiling a menu sure to be a hit with fans.
“As someone who considers himself a connoisseur of ballpark food, this partnership is ideal,” Slammers President Bill Waliewski said. “We’re going to be working very closely all year with Levy to make sure fans get the most out of their experience at Silver Cross Field.”
The Slammers have embraced Joliet’s history in the name and logo, and Levy Restaurants has created a menu filled with fan favorites and specialty items to add to the game day fun and excitement. Concession stand offerings will pay homage with dishes and stands named after the steel mills, quarries and even Joliet’s two prisons, made famous in Hollywood productions such as The Blues Brothers and the TV show Prison Break.
Concession highlights throughout Silver Cross Field include:
- Crossroads Grill – Paying homage to the Blues Brothers, Crossroads Grill is home to Joliet Jake’s chicken fried steak, named after John Belushi’s character, “Joliet” Jake Blues. This concession stand also serves up the jumbo Slammer dog, beer cheese and bacon burger and healthy grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun.
- The Joint – This stand is home to a Chicago staple, the Italian beef sandwich with giardinera, as well as Levy Restaurants’ signature Rip and Dip, a giant serving of garlic cheese bread meant to rip and dip in two specialty sauces, marinara and ranch.
- The Yard – This stand dishes up Latin flavors with the big house nachos, tinga chicken tacos, spicy beef tacos and fruta cup, an assortment of seasonal fruit spears served with chili lime seasoning. The walking taco, a twist on a taco made with corn chips topped with seasoned ground beef taco meat, nacho cheese sauce, salsa rojo and sour cream, is great for eating on-the-go and is served in a corn chip bag.
- Steel City Grill – This stand features sports favorites, including some with unique twists like the beer cheese and bacon burger and the grilled pork chop sandwich.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s –Local favorite Sweet Baby Ray’s dishes up their signature smoked brisket sandwich, smoked turkey breast sandwich and pulled pork sandwich.
- The Beer Quarry – A selection of premium bottled beer.
- Steel Cutter’s Lodge – Stadium favorites like Beggar’s Pizza, the jumbo Slammer dog and Italian beef sandwich can be found here.
- The Club House – Located on the suites level, this stand offers classic sports favorites like the jumbo Slammer dog, Beggar’s pizza, nachos and pretzels.
Levy Restaurants will also bring their premium dining experience to the luxury suites at Silver Cross Field. The suites can accommodate groups of 22 or 36 people, and each one is equipped with a flat screen satellite TV, a wet bar, indoor/outdoor seating and great food options.
Sample dishes from the suite menu includes the baby back rib sampler, featuring sweet and spicy, Thai and classic mustard baby back ribs accompanied by a trio of sauces; the wing sampler featuring traditional fried chicken wings tossed with Buffalo, sweet chili and zesty barbecue sauce; and carne asada and pollo al carbon fajitas topped with peppers, onions and queso fresco. Information on suite availability can be obtained by calling (815) 722-2287.
Bringing decades of sports dining experience to Slammers games, in Chicago Levy Restaurants is also the catering partner at Wrigley Field, US Cellular Field (premium only), the United Center, Chicagoland Speedway, Toyota Park, Arlington Park, Lincoln Park Zoo, Ravinia Music Festival and more.
About Levy Restaurants
Levy Restaurants, founded in Chicago in 1978, is recognized as one of America’s fastest growing and most critically acclaimed restaurant companies, and is the leader in premium sports and entertainment dining. Levy was recently named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports in the world by Fast Company magazine. The company’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants such as James Beard-winning Spiaggia and Bistro 110 in Chicago, Fulton’s Crab House, Portobello and Wolfgang Puck Grand Café at Walt Disney World Resort, renowned sports and entertainment venues like Lambeau Field in Green Bay, STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and American Airlines Arena in Miami, and events including the Super Bowl, World Series, Kentucky Derby, NHL and NBA All-Star Games and the Grammy Awards. For details, visit http://www.levyrestaurants.com.
About the Slammers
The Slammers begin play in their inaugural season on Thursday, May 19th, 2011 against the Washington Wild Things. For tickets, please call (815)722-BATS (2287).
The Joliet Slammers are members of the Frontier League of Professional Baseball. The Frontier League is the oldest continuously operating independent professional league, in its 19th season in 2011. For more information about the Frontier League visit http://www.frontierleague.com.