PRESS RELEASE – The Kansas City T-Bones have released their promotions schedule for the 2011 season.
The 2011 home campaign begins at CommunityAmerica Ballpark on Tuesday, May 17 with a 7:05 p.m. start against the Gary SouthShore RailCats. After starting the season with a four-game road series against the Diablos in El Paso, TX, the T-Bones come home for a six-game homestand from May 17-22. Following a three-game series against the RailCats, the Grand Prairie AirHogs make their first trip to Kansas City. On May 17, the first 2,000 fans will receive a FREE T-Bones T-Shirt courtesy of CommunityAmerica Credit Union. The first 5,000 fans will also receive a magnet schedule courtesy of Providence Medical Center and Saint John Hospital.
Kids Eat FREE Mondays return for the 2011 season thanks to CommunityAmerica Credit Union. The first 2,000 kids 12 & under will receive a voucher for a free hot dog, bag of chips and lemonade. Also back for the 2011 season are the Two for Tuesday beer specials; and Thirsty Thursdays presented by INK Magazine, where beers are just $1 ALL NIGHT LONG! Fridays are still Theme Nights presented by Kansas Lottery, and Post-Game Fireworks presented by Verizon follow each Saturday home game. Post-Game Kid Run the Bases presented by the Midwest Dairy Association also returns for every Sunday game at CommunityAmerica Ballpark.
A new family package arrives in 2011 for every Wednesday home game. The Family 4-Pack Special, presented by The Kansas City Star and Schlitterbahn, gives fans four (4) Select tickets, four (4) Schlitterbahn coupons (2 BOGO), four (4) Inflatables tickets and four (4) Thunderstix for just $55!
“We have to give credit to our marketing and promotions staff for developing exciting, new ideas for the 2011 season,” Chris Browne, T-Bones Vice President and General Manager said. “We have some great new giveaways and entertainment options, as well as the return of fan favorites such as the T-Bones Replica Jersey Giveaway and $1 Beer Nights.”
Some other highlights for the 2011 season:
- Two holiday games: Memorial Day (May 30) and Independence Day (July 4)
- $1 Coca-Cola products (select varieties) – May 22 and August 14
- Facebook Friends Nights – May 30 & July 18: “like” us on Facebook to see the exclusive offer!
- First-Ever T-Bones Fleece Blanket Giveaway presented by the Kansas City Zoo – June 7 (first 2,000)
- Performance by Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove – June 9
- Redneck Weekend presented by the Kansas Lottery– June 24-25
- Breast Cancer Awareness Night – June 26
- Replica T-Bones Baseball Cap Giveaway presented by Sheet Metal Local #2 – June 28 (first 2,500)
- Principal Financial Dreams Tour: special appearance by Royals Hall of Famer Dennis Leonard – July 7
- 2nd Annual Bark in the Park – July 10
- Replica T-Bones Jersey Giveaway presented by Verizon – July 19 (first 2,000)
- 4th Annual Kansas City A’s Reunion & Autograph Session – July 30
- Salute to Heroes Night presented by Mid-America Regional Council – August 13
All of the above promotions, dates, and giveaways are subject to change. Giveaway quantities are limited. More great promotions and events are being developed. Visit http://www.tbonesbaseball.com or follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date as the schedule is updated throughout the season. Single-game tickets, season ticket packages and mini-plans are available now by calling 913-328-5618. For information on group outings and suite availability, call 913-328-5623.
To download the full promotions schedule (as of April 18, 2011), click here.