PRESS RELEASE – The Peoria Chiefs have announced the official first round matchups and bracket for their Media Madness Bobble Head Contest Presented by CEFCU. The contest kicks off on Monday and features 25 of the best media members in radio, TV and print throughout Central Illinois.
The last person standing on Opening Day, April 7, will be featured with their very own Bobble Head presented by CEFCU on Friday, August 5. Fans are in charge of the vote at http://www.peoriachiefs.com/mediabobblehead starting Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. The first round will run until Sunday, March 13 at 8:00 p.m. and the nine first round winners will join the seven who received first round byes in the second round. The byes and the first round matchups were drawn out of a hat at random. All 25 contestants are playing for a charity they selected. Each contestant that makes the Final Four will earn $100 for their selected charity and the overall winner will earn an additional $500.
All 25 contestants will be invited to take batting practice before the Peoria Chiefs game on August 5 where the first 1500 fans receive a bobble head of the winner presented by CEFCU. The first round matchups that begin on Monday are as follows:
1. The Greg & Dan Show – WMBD 1470 AM vs. Krista Lander – WICS TV Springfield Sports Director
2. Randy Reinhardt – Bloomington Pantagraph vs. Jim Mattson – WEEK/WHOI
3. Erik Hall – News Tribune Sports Reporter vs. Kevin Capie – Peoria Journal Star Sports Reporter
4. John & Nancy Morning Show – 93.3 The Drive vs. John Shap – WAJK Morning Show
5. Matt Bahan – 105.7 The X Rocks vs. Dave Eminian – Peoria Journal Star Sports Reporter
6. Bob & Meg – News anchors WMBD TV vs. Steve Maxwell – 99.5 Classic Hits Bloomington/Normal
7. Lee Hall – WEEK TV Sports Director vs. Danielle Hatch – Peoria Journal Star Entertainment Editor
8. Chuck Collins – WEEK TV Meteorologist vs. Leon Groover – WBYS Canton Morning Show
9. Lisa Miller & Donnie Tillman – Morning Anchors WMBD TV vs. Govia – 98.5 KISS FM
The nine first round winners will join these seven who drew first round byes (in bracket order): Kirk Wessler – Peoria Journal Star Sports Editor; Adam Chandler I Rock Bloomington/Normal; Marcus Bailey WMBD TV; Aaron Frey – Galesburg Register Mail; Kurt Pegler – WMBD TV; Beau Spencer – WAIK Sports Director; Rick & Jenn – 97.3 River Country Morning Show.
The contestants will use their TV time, blogs, radio shows, articles, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, flyers, etc. to get the word out and collect votes. Fans can vote at http://www.peoriachiefs.com/MediaBobblehead with the final round starting on Monday, April 4 and the winner selected on the Chiefs Opening Day, April 7.