PRESS RELEASE – The Williamsport Crosscutters have unveiled their 2010 slate of promotions for the club’s 38-game home schedule. The 2010 home-opener is scheduled for Friday, June 18 as the Crosscutters host the rival State College Spikes. Opening Night 2010, presented by River Valley Transit & KISS-FM, will feature a schedule magnet giveaway for the first 2,500 fans plus loads of opening night festivities.
In addition to the usual mix of new and unique promotions the Cutters have announced that many of the popular “Messin’ with Recession” specials from last year have returned for 2010. The specials range from discount food and beverages to night’s when certain age groups can “Eat Free”.
This year’s “Messin’ with Recession” specials include;
– Mondays – Dollar Night. Regular hot dogs and soft drinks are priced at $1 each along with a selection of other $1 items.
– Tuesdays – Seniors Eat Free. Presented by PRN Home Health Services. All fans age 60 and over receive a coupon good for a free hot dog, soft drink & chips.
– Wednesdays – Kids Eat Free. Presented by the Williamsport Sun-Gazette. All fans age 12 and under receive a coupon good for a free hot dog, soft drink & chips
– Fridays – Happy Hour. ½ price beer and soda plus free popcorn till 7pm
“Our Messin’ with Recesssion specials were a big hit with our fans last season, so we decided to extend our own Cutters Economic Stimulus Plan for another season”, said Crosscutters Vice President General Manager Doug Estes. “Minor League Baseball has always been one of the best values for your entertainment dollar. We’re just taking it a step further in helping familes have a fun night out, at an affordable price.”
Fans will be treated to fireworks after four Saturday night home games (July 3, July 24, August 14, Sept. 3) while giveaways will again be a large part of the calendar. Scheduled giveaways include; Schedule Magnets – June 18, Topps Baseball Card Packs – June 21, Team Photos – July 13 & August 30, Cooler Bags – July 22, Cutters Card Sets – August 4, Free Hot Dogs – August 13, Drawstring Backpacks – Sept. 2.
Theme Nights in 2010 will include; Bowman Field Big Top Night (circus theme) June 28, Irish Heritage Night June 30, Christmas in July on July 8, Bowman Field Beach Bash July 9, Military Appreciation Night July 10, Bark in the Park July 11, Girl’s Night Out July 12, As Seen on TV Night July 20, Fiesta Friday July 23, Magical Moustache Night August 3, Stress-Free Night August 5, Terror at Bowman Night August 6, Going Green Night August 21, Italian Heritage Night August 23, Phillies Night August 31.
Entertainers, performers & celebrities will also be making visits to Williamsport including;
– The Inflatamaniacs – July 8
– Phillies Legend Greg Luzinski – August 13
– The Phillie Phanatic – August 31
– Wrestling Legend George “The Animal” Steele – September 3
The team is also planning three special charity auctions to benefit local charities.
– July 3 – Cutters players will wear special limited edition red, white & blue caps. Fans can bid on the caps with proceeds to benefit the New York-Penn League Foundation.
– July 10 – Military Appreciation Night. The team will be outfitted in special military-styled jerseys that can be bid on during a silent auction during the game with proceeds donated to the Master Sgt. Sean Thomas Foundation.
– August 21 – Going Green Night. The team will be outfitted in special “green” jerseys that can be bid on during a silent auction during the game with proceeds donated to a local environmentally friendly charity.
The Crosscutters will also be hosting the Lewis & Clark Circus on July 2nd outside Bowman Field and plan the addition of other promotions in the coming weeks! Fans can view and print the full slate of promotions at http://www.crosscutters.com.
Gametimes for 2010 are; Monday – Saturday 7:05pm, with Sunday games starting at 5:05pm.
Season tickets and discounted Bonus Books are currently on sale. Opening Day tickets and individual game tickets are scheduled to go on sale June 1 at the Cutters box office at Bowman Field or fans can order by phone at (570) 326-3389 and online at www.crosscutters.com.