PRESS RELEASE – The 40th annual New Jersey Irish Festival returns to FirstEnergy Park on Saturday June 12 from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. It’s the fourth straight year the BlueClaws have hosted the event. Featuring live music, a pipe band competition, vendors, Catholic Mass, and more, it’s New Jersey’s premier day-long celebration of Irish culture and Heritage.
“This year’s Irish Festival promises to be one of the best yet!” says Sheila Murphy, the 2010 General Chairwoman. “We have something for fans of all ages, whether it be a mix of traditional and Irish rock, our piping competition or Ceili Tent. It’s truly a great day for the entire family and we can’t wait for June 12th.”
Admission to the 40th Annual Irish Festival is $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Children under 12 are free. Pre-sale tickets are available at the Irish Peddler in Brick, the Irish Centre in Spring Lake and Friendly Sons of the Shillelagh in Old Bridge and Belmar. They are also available by contacting the BlueClaws Box Office at 732-901-7000 or online at BlueClaws.com.
Each paid admission receives one complimentary ticket for a drawing for a weekend stay at a Bed and Breakfast in Cape Cod.
Bands that will be performing include:
* Willie Lynch Showband: synonymous with Irish music in New Jersey
* Celtic Cross: a seven-member pop-folk Irish band from the heart of New York City.
* Girsa, an eight-member all-female traditional Irish band from Pearl River, NY
* Blackthorn, an Irish rock band from Philadelphia
* Jameson’s Revenge, traditional-Irish musicians from the Bronx, NY that play an energetic “spirited” Irish music
* Bantry Boys, a Jersey Shore based band
The event starts with Catholic Mass at noon.
For information, please visit the official website of the NJ Irish Festival: http://www.nj-irishfestival.com or call 732-446-0608.