PRESS RELEASE – The Kansas City T-Bones have released their promotions schedule for the 2010 season. The 2010 home campaign kicks off at CommunityAmerica Ballpark on Friday, May 28 with a 7:05 start against the defending champion Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks.
After starting the season on the road versus the RailCats in Gary, IN, the T-Bones return home for a six-game homestand from May 28 – June 2. Following a three-game series against Fargo, the expansion Lake County Fielders, owned by Academy-Award winner Kevin Costner, come to Kansas City for three games. On May 28, CommunityAmerica Credit Union will provide a T-Bones t-shirt to the first 2,000 fans while Providence Medical Center and Saint John Hospital sponsor a magnet schedule giveaway for the first 5,000 in attendance.
New for the 2010 season, Kids Eat FREE at every Monday home game thanks to CommunityAmerica Credit Union. The first 2,000 kids 14 & under will receive a voucher for a free hot dog, bag of chips, and lemonade. Also new for 2010, every Tuesday will be Two for Tuesday where you can get two small domestic draft beers for the price of one. Thursdays will be Ladies’ Night at CommunityAmerica Ballpark while small domestic draft beers are just $1 for anyone over 21 all night long. On Sundays, fans will have the opportunity to meet select players and coaches during a pre-game autograph session as well followed by the return of Post-Game Kids Run the Bases.
A list of the complete nightly promotions for 2010:
• Mondays: Kids Eat FREE presented by CommunityAmerica Credit Union (first 2,000 14 & under)
• Tuesdays: Giveaway Nights; Two for Tuesday beer specials
• Wednesdays: Post-Game Catch on the Field presented by Learning Quest; Family Night presented by the Kansas City Star (receive four berm tickets, four hot dogs, four peanuts, and four sodas for $44)
• Thursday: Ladies’ Night; Thirsty Thursday – $1 draft beers ALL NIGHT!
• Fridays: Theme Nights presented by Kansas Lottery; Falcon Skydiving Team
• Saturdays: Post-Game Fireworks presented by Verizon Wireless
• Sundays: Pre-Game Autograph Session; Senior Day/Bingo; Post-Game Kids Run the Bases presented by the Midwest Dairy Association
Some other highlights of the upcoming 2010 season:
• Three holiday games: Memorial Day (May 31); Independence Day (July 4); Labor Day (September 6)
• Animal Awareness Night (dogs on-site for adoption) and T-Bones Cap Giveaway (first 2,500) – June 1
• Book Signing by NFL Hall of Famer George Toma – June 6
• Teacher Appreciation Night – June 14
• The Blues Brothers – June 15
• Former Comets Legend Kim “The Rocket” Roentved Autograph Session – June 16
• Redneck Weekend – June 18-19
• Prostate Cancer Awareness Night – June 20
• 3rd Annual KC A’s Reunion Night – July 17
• T-Bones Replica Jersey Giveaway (first 2,000 fans) – July 20
• Military Appreciation Night – July 24
• Famous Chicken Appearance – August 3
• Salute to Heroes – August 14
• Breast Cancer Awareness Night – August 15
• Chiefs All-Pro Will Shields Appearance/Autograph Session – August 25
• Royals Hall of Famer Willie Wilson Bobblehead Night (first 2,500 fans) – September 3
All of the above promotions, dates, and giveaways are subject to change. Giveaway quantities are limited. More great promotions and events are being developed. For the most current promotions list, visit www.tbonesbaseball.com
Season ticket packages and mini plans are available now by calling 913-328-5618. For information on group outings, call 913-328-5623. Single-game tickets for the exhibition and regular season will go on sale later this month. Visit www.tbonesbaseball.com to stay up-to-date throughout the year.